We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. The trust placed in us is of great importance to us and therefore the importance and obligation to handle your data carefully and to protect it from misuse.
The following information on data protection is intended to inform you about the handling of your personal data in connection with the use of our website. Personal data is all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1. Contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
The controller of data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
35091 Cölbe, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)6421 402-0
Telefax: +49 (0)6421 402-400
If you have any questions, suggestions or cause for complaint, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We have appointed a data protection officer. You can reach the DPO via:
-The Data Protection Officer-
35091 Cölbe, Germany
2. Data collection when you visit our website
You can visit our website without telling us who you are. When you use our website for information purposes only, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server ("log files").
When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically required for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time of access
- Volume of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you accessed the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (in anonymised form)
Processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 par. 1 p. 1 (f) GDPR based on our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the log files subsequently in case of concrete indications of illegal use.
Information is stored in the cookie that is generated in each case in connection with the specifically used device. However, this does not mean that we obtain direct knowledge of your identity.
Only those cookies are used that are absolutely necessary for the functionality of the website. These will be deleted automatically after you leave our site.
The data processed by cookies is required for the above-mentioned purposes in order to safeguard our legitimate interests pursuant to Art.6 Para.1 S.1 (f) GDPR.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can mean that you cannot use all functions of our website.
4. Passing on to third parties
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have expressly given your consent thereto pursuant to Art.6 Par.1 S.1 (a) GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to Art.6 Par.1 S.1 (f) GDPR is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that a legal obligation exists for the transfer pursuant to Art.6 Para.1 S.1 (c) GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and is required under Art.6 Par.1 S.1 (b) GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you. For the execution of contracts, we work together with service providers who fully or partially support us in the execution of concluded contracts.
5. Analysis tools, social media plug-ins / automated decision making and profiling
No analysis tools and social media plug-ins are used. Likewise, no automated decision making including profiling is used.
6. Your rights (rights of affected persons)
The data protection law grants you comprehensive rights of data subjects with regard to the controller of the processing of your personal data, about which we inform you below:
a) Right to confirmation
You have the right to ask us to confirm whether we are processing personal data concerning you.
b) Right to information (Art. 15 GDPR)
You have the right to receive free information from us about
- the processing purposes,
- the categories of personal data being processed,
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or are still being disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations,
- if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration,
- the existence of a right of rectification or deletion of personal data concerning him/her or of a restriction on processing by the controller or of a right of objection to such processing,
- the existence of a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if the personal data are not collected from the data subject: All available information about the origin of the data.
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling in accordance with Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR and - at least in these cases - meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing for the data subject.
- Furthermore, the data subject has a right of access to information as to whether personal data have been transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. If this is the case, the data subject also has the right to obtain information on the appropriate guarantees in connection with the transfer.
c) Right to correction (Art. 16 GDPR)
You have a right to immediate correction of incorrect data concerning you and/or completion of your incomplete data stored by us.
d) Right to privacy (Art. 17 GDPR)
You have the right to demand the immediate deletion of your personal data if the requirements of Art. 17 para. 1 GDPR are met. According to Art. 17 para. 3 GDPR, however, this right does not exist in particular if the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
e) Right to limitation of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as long as the accuracy of your data contested is being checked, if you refuse to have your data deleted due to inadmissible data processing and instead request the restriction of the processing of your data, if you need your data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims after we no longer need this data having achieved the purpose or if you have filed an objection for reasons of your particular situation, as long as it is not yet clear whether our legitimate reasons prevail.
f) Duty to notify / right to information (Art. 19 GDPR)
If you have exercised your right to correct, delete or limit the processing, we are obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this correction or deletion of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed of these recipients.
g) Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR)
You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible.
h) Right to revoke consents granted (Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR)
You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of your data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, we will delete the data concerned without delay, unless further processing can be effectively based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The revocation of consent shall not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation.
i) Right of objection (Art. 21 GDPR)
If, within the scope of weighing up your interests, we process your personal data on the basis of an overriding legitimate interest, you have the right at any time to object to such processing with future effect for reasons arising from your particular situation.
If you exercise your right of objection, we will stop processing the data concerned. We reserve the right to further processing if we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing which outweigh your interests, fundamental freedoms and rights or if the processing serves to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
If we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising. If you exercise your right of objection, we will immediately stop processing the data concerning you for direct marketing purposes.
j) Right of appeal (Art. 77 GDPR)
If you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR, you have the right of appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State where you reside or work or where the suspected infringement occurred, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
7. Currentness and amendment of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status as of May 25, 2018.
Due to the further development of our website and offerings thereon or due to changed legal or regulatory requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. The current data protection declaration can be downloaded and printed by you at any time from the website at www.ergophone.de/English-website/html/privacy.html.
Data protection declaration.pdf